Cadence extends verification IP catalog across silicon, SoC and system development
In addition to memory models and VIP obtained from last year's acquisition of Denali, complementing the metric-driven Cadence VIP, the expanded offering now supports all major third party simulators, effectively providing designers a one-stop shop of mainstream and emerging protocols for developing and verifying today's advanced electronic designs.
Specifically focused on accelerating the verification process and product delivery, Cadence's VIP Catalog covers more than 30 complex and emerging protocols and is included in an expanded VIP Catalog that features:
- Support for third-party simulators across the entire portfolio to enable all customers to deploy Cadence VIP on top of existing environments, and extended support of the Universal Verification Methodology (UVM)
- Expanded protocol availability, featuring early delivery of verification IP for emerging protocols such as the AMBA 4 specification, the latest MIPI protocols (M-PHY, DigRF and UniPro), PCI Express Gen 3, SuperSpeed USB, and Ethernet 40/100G, as well as new memory models including DDR4, LRDIMM, and Flash ONFI 3.0.
- New use models, including system validation with new accelerated VIP that addresses hardware/software integration and a new SoC Portfolio that makes SoC verification more cost effective, and a roadmap for extending the solution to enable software-driven verification, a new approach providing a programmer's view of system verification.
Visit Cadence at www.cadence.com
- Analog design and the age of digital correction
- UltraSoC to debug heterogeneous Tensilica processors
- CEO interview: Cadence is about enablement, collaboration
- Is first-pass success possible for silicon IP? Part 2
- The Filter Wizard: Do your duty when you duty-cycle
- Sensing galvanic skin response for wearables
- ARM-based intelligent actuator/motor controller
- ADCs offer 14-/12-bit resolution, 200 Msps conversion
- Swindon Silicon mixed-signal specialist joins Sensata, appoints CEO
- Semi IP licensing growth slows, vendor ranking stabilizes
- A how-to guide to piezoelectric accelerometers
- 10 skills embedded engineers need now
- Is first-pass success possible for silicon IP?
- LDO design techniques for small spaces, part 2
- 1st MEMS spectrometer debuts
- TSMC overtakes Intel in chip capex ranking
- Globalfoundries' CEO on why FD-SOI and why now
- Qualcomm to cut 15% of staff, could be broken up
- Indian wafer fab will be specialty foundry
- Can GloFo and Europe's chip firms unite?
- Intel, Micron launch "bulk-switching" ReRAM
- Heisenberg's principle applied to Indian wafer fabs
- Germany promises €400 million boost for microelectronics
- Smartphone processor sales climb, players ranked
- Video: Sensors, liquid crystals make "omnifocal" glasses
- Could India's analog wafer fab be moving south?
- BBC to give pocket-sized sensor-computer to UK children
- Text book presents modern analog components
- Globalfoundries launches own FDSOI processes
- Peter Clarke's opinion compendium updated
- Engineering Change Order and Implementation
- Low Power Bi-directional Level Shifter
- Haptic advancements put us in touch with complex systems
- Programmable Dual Edge Triggered Clock Divider for Staggered Clock Generation
- New Linear Regulators Solve Old Problems
- Buffer Architecture for generating delay
- Sub-Threshold Design - A Revolutionary Approach to Eliminating Power