Intersil teams with Sony and Altronix to accelerate hybrid video technology
Intersil's SLOC (Security Link over Coax) technology enables latency-free analog video + HD IP video over a single coaxial cable. It also provides full functionality using existing coaxial infrastructure. Sony, Intersil and Altronix plan to demonstrate end-to-end hybrid video solutions and formed an industry alliance to create an ecosystem for interoperability and standardization.
“The development of our eBridge™ series Ethernet over Coax Adapters incorporating Intersil SLOC technology provide extremely cost-efficient upgrades from analog to IP migration onto a network platform by repurposing legacy coax infrastructure” said Alan Forman, President, Altronix Corp.
Visit Intersil at www.intersil.com
- Sony, TSMC win award for silicon-plastic process development
- Sony investing in stacked image sensor manufacturing capacity
- IR image sensor has 12-micron pixels
- Google Glass' killer app: surveillance
- MEMS array forms terahertz modulator
- Japanese lose market share in optics and sensors ranking
- Geo Semi raising cash for automotive, IoT push
- INCJ, Intel back Trigence in digital audio
- CEO interview: Exar's 'reboot' almost done, says DiNardo
- Sony 13Mpixel sensor offers better video
- Will China Conquer MEMS?
- Samsung drives MEMS combo sensor market up, ST benefits
- CMOS sensor supports portable HD video at 240 frames per second
- Microsoft preps next time-of-flight sensor for Kinect
- Apple wants more Sony sensors, says Nikkei
- EE Times Silicon 60: Hot Startups to Watch
- Silicon 60 Reveals Shifts in Technology Focus
- MEMS leaders under pressure, says Yole
- Is there still room for the vacuum tube?
- Failed merger talks won't stop Dialog
- More wafer fab closures expected in 2014, says IC Insights
- When GND isn't GND single-ended circuits become differential
- IoT: sensor fusion or confusion?
- Researchers discover how beryllium causes deadly lung disease
- HiSilicon, MediaTek, Nvidia growing fastest in apps processor market
- 'Air waveguide' creates 'optical cables' out of thin air
- RFID tags track honey bees
- The Filter Wizard: 'three-legs' and the 4-20 mA current loop
- Mapper opens Russian MEMS fab
- AMS, Dialog merger talks fail
- Automated Macro-Model Extraction Using SPICE Netlist
- Dual 13A μModule Regulator with Digital Interface for Remote Monitoring & Control of Power
- Localized Haptic Feedback for Touch Controls
- Flexible and Low Power Driving of Solenoid Coils
- Precision Industrial Systems Demand a New Level of Data Conversion Accuracy
- 14-Bit, 4-20 mA, Loop Powered, Thermocouple Temperature Measurement System Using ARM Cortex-M3
- High-Precision Sine/Cosine Interpolation