Optimizing precision photodiode sensor circuit design
Photodiodes are one of the most popular sensor types for many light-based measurements. Applications such as absorption and emission spectroscopy, color measurement, turbidity, gas detection, etc., all rely on photodiodes for precision light measurement.
About the author:
Luis Orozco [firstname.lastname@example.org] is a system applications engineer in ADIs industrial and instrumentation segment. Before joining ADI in 2011, he designed precision measurement equipment for 11 years. He currently focuses on test and measurement, chemical analysis, and environmental monitoring applications.
Dual Chanel Colorimeter with Programmable Gain Transimpedance Amplifiers and Synchronous Detectors. http://www.analog.com/cn0312.
Programmable Gain Transimpedance Amplifiers Maximize Dynamic Range in Spectroscopy Systems. http://www.analog.com/library/analogdialogue/archives/47-05/pgtia.pdf
ADA4817 Datasheet. http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADA4817-1_4817-2.pdf
Johnson, Mark, Photodetection and Measurement. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- No news
- CEO interview: AMS' Laney on driving a sensor-driven business
- Dutch startup shrinks 60GHz radars, increases precision
- Austria's AMS is shopping for a wafer fab
- EE Times' annual salary & opinion survey report
- Interview: Sir Peter Bonfield on how Europe can compete
- Europe falls in top 20 chip company ranking for 1H14
- Report: India, China show interest in Korean analog foundry
- Rohm opens MEMS foundry operation
- The inner workings of the three-op-amp INA
- Audi moves to 48V supply
- How to kill an ultracapacitor
- IMEC offers analog IC design course
- mCube forms indoor navigation subsidiary
- Here come wireless electric guitar effects pedals
- Europe leads world in chip market growth
- Flexible and Low Power Driving of Solenoid Coils
- Automated Macro-Model Extraction Using SPICE Netlist
- Dual 13A μModule Regulator with Digital Interface for Remote Monitoring & Control of Power
- Localized Haptic Feedback for Touch Controls
- Precision Industrial Systems Demand a New Level of Data Conversion Accuracy
- 14-Bit, 4-20 mA, Loop Powered, Thermocouple Temperature Measurement System Using ARM Cortex-M3
- High-Precision Sine/Cosine Interpolation