Optimizing precision photodiode sensor circuit design
Photodiodes are one of the most popular sensor types for many light-based measurements. Applications such as absorption and emission spectroscopy, color measurement, turbidity, gas detection, etc., all rely on photodiodes for precision light measurement.
About the author:
Luis Orozco [firstname.lastname@example.org] is a system applications engineer in ADIs industrial and instrumentation segment. Before joining ADI in 2011, he designed precision measurement equipment for 11 years. He currently focuses on test and measurement, chemical analysis, and environmental monitoring applications.
Dual Chanel Colorimeter with Programmable Gain Transimpedance Amplifiers and Synchronous Detectors. http://www.analog.com/cn0312.
Programmable Gain Transimpedance Amplifiers Maximize Dynamic Range in Spectroscopy Systems. http://www.analog.com/library/analogdialogue/archives/47-05/pgtia.pdf
ADA4817 Datasheet. http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADA4817-1_4817-2.pdf
Johnson, Mark, Photodetection and Measurement. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- No news
- EE Times Silicon 60: Hot Startups to Watch
- Silicon 60 Reveals Shifts in Technology Focus
- CEO interview: China, not Apple, is way to go, says mCube CEO
- Is there still room for the vacuum tube?
- More wafer fab closures expected in 2014, says IC Insights
- Failed merger talks won't stop Dialog
- Top ten automotive MEMS sensor vendors ranked
- When GND isn't GND single-ended circuits become differential
- Researchers discover how beryllium causes deadly lung disease
- Mapper opens Russian MEMS fab
- HiSilicon, MediaTek, Nvidia growing fastest in apps processor market
- RFID tags track honey bees
- 'Air waveguide' creates 'optical cables' out of thin air
- AMS, Dialog merger talks fail
- Two-year chipmaking equipment spending boom coming
- Automated Macro-Model Extraction Using SPICE Netlist
- Dual 13A μModule Regulator with Digital Interface for Remote Monitoring & Control of Power
- Localized Haptic Feedback for Touch Controls
- Flexible and Low Power Driving of Solenoid Coils
- Precision Industrial Systems Demand a New Level of Data Conversion Accuracy
- 14-Bit, 4-20 mA, Loop Powered, Thermocouple Temperature Measurement System Using ARM Cortex-M3
- High-Precision Sine/Cosine Interpolation