Optimizing precision photodiode sensor circuit design
Photodiodes are one of the most popular sensor types for many light-based measurements. Applications such as absorption and emission spectroscopy, color measurement, turbidity, gas detection, etc., all rely on photodiodes for precision light measurement.
About the author:
Luis Orozco [email@example.com] is a system applications engineer in ADIs industrial and instrumentation segment. Before joining ADI in 2011, he designed precision measurement equipment for 11 years. He currently focuses on test and measurement, chemical analysis, and environmental monitoring applications.
Dual Chanel Colorimeter with Programmable Gain Transimpedance Amplifiers and Synchronous Detectors. http://www.analog.com/cn0312.
Programmable Gain Transimpedance Amplifiers Maximize Dynamic Range in Spectroscopy Systems. http://www.analog.com/library/analogdialogue/archives/47-05/pgtia.pdf
ADA4817 Datasheet. http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADA4817-1_4817-2.pdf
Johnson, Mark, Photodetection and Measurement. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2003.
- No news
- MEMS leaders under pressure, says Yole
- MEMS imitates logic
- Failed merger talks won't stop Dialog
- WIreless charging: an alternative approach
- LED lighting: unintended effects in public lighting
- CEO interview: Tronics' Langlois makes moves in MEMS
- The Filter Wizard: Just add a transistor or clipping me softly
- Desktop PCB printer produces working circuit in 30 minutes
- IoT: sensor fusion or confusion?
- Europe falls in top 20 chip company ranking for 1H14
- The Filter Wizard: 'three-legs' and the 4-20 mA current loop
- 'Air waveguide' creates 'optical cables' out of thin air
- French MEMS foundry preps IPO
- Cambridge Mechatronics signs up Warren East, Foxconn
- RFID tags track honey bees
- Automated Macro-Model Extraction Using SPICE Netlist
- Dual 13A μModule Regulator with Digital Interface for Remote Monitoring & Control of Power
- Localized Haptic Feedback for Touch Controls
- Flexible and Low Power Driving of Solenoid Coils
- Precision Industrial Systems Demand a New Level of Data Conversion Accuracy
- 14-Bit, 4-20 mA, Loop Powered, Thermocouple Temperature Measurement System Using ARM Cortex-M3
- High-Precision Sine/Cosine Interpolation